Please – show your support for the Coffee Revolution – join the rebels and signup to our newsletter.
We have tips on everything from storing coffee, pulling the perfect shot and some of the latest trending coffee recipes and techniques so you can get the perfect barista finish at home.
Get the most from your coffee machine and follow our expert tips
- Brewing – explore the many ways to brew coffee
- Roasting – tips on roasting, tools and techniques
- Espresso shots – the basic starting point of a coffee
- Coffees from around the world – familiarise yourself with the coffee menu
- Making coffee – get the best from your bean and machine
- Coffee makers – choose the best coffee maker
- Coffee Beans – learn about the main coffee types
- Grinding coffee – in depth look at coffee grinding
Robusta or Arabica
Do you know your Robusta from your Arabica? Do you know your espresso shots from your cortissimo shots?
Do you know your espresso shots from your cortissimo shots?
Check our glossary to become familiar with any new terminology.
Please share this site with friends
Please show your support and share this page with your friends through forums and the social media platforms.
Great coffee is not a secret!
Together we can make a difference!
Make great coffee every time
- Grind the beans
For a strong espresso you typically need quite finely ground beans, makes sure the grind is consistent throughout.
- Buy Quality FRESHLY roasted beans
Beans roasted longer than 30 days ago will have lost much of their flavour.
- Set the espresso machine to a low heat
Don’t scorch those beans, the pressure is more important than how hot the water is.
- Extract a small shot of espresso
The Biggest mistake most people makes is over extracting their shots. This creates a bitter taste.
- Sit back and enjoy your coffee
Savour the flavour, the aromas and the whole experience.
We’re not just passionate about coffee.
We run a wide array of other sites for many hobbies and interests, and here are links to some of our more popular ones.
Knitting Brain – A knitters resource with in depth advice tips and inspirational ideas for Knitters.
Arts & Crafts
Decoupages – a guide to decopage with ideas, project tips and articles.
Myamoo – merges information on knitting, crochet and Decoupage into one great online guide.